Note: Nobody is trying to limit your ability to worship, just the potential for the spread of disease.
This is all new to a congregation that is used to shaking hands, hugging and enjoying the close fellowship of their church family.
By the grace of God, we will get through this!
In the building:
- All persons entering the sanctuary must wear a face covering. Face coverings must be worn appropriately i.e. covering the mouth and the nose.
- Shaking hands, hugging, or otherwise “touching” should be avoided except with people from the same household.
- Social distancing must be maintained. People from the same household may sit together. People from the same family that live in separate households must follow social distancing guidelines.
- Bathrooms will be open but strict handwashing guidelines will be followed.
- Congregants should avoid gathering outside the sanctuary without attention to social distancing i.e. gathering at the bottom of the steps so that other people have to breach social distancing to get to their vehicle. Ushers will perform a structured dismissal to avoid any breach of social distancing
During the service:
- Bulletins will be handed out by one or two individuals. They will not be “self-serve.”
- Hymnals will not be used. Music will be displayed on the screen or handed out with the bulletin (like with the drive-in service).
- Singing can only be done while wearing a face covering.We will not have the choir singing at this time.
- Offering will be collected in the Narthex. Offering plates will not be passed.
- Attendance will be monitored for contact tracing.
- Communion will be served with stewards wearing gloves and face coverings.
- Ushers will lead congregants up to the altar railing using social distancing. Utensils will be used to offer the bread to congregants. Congregants will hold their hands out, palm side up, and the bread will be placed into their hands.
After the service, the sanctuary will be disinfected. All surfaces that could have potentially been touched will be wiped with a cloth with disinfecting cleanser. An aerosol disinfectant will be sprayed onto porous surfaces such as seat cushions, hymnals, Bibles etc. The person or persons disinfecting the sanctuary (including bathrooms) will wear a face covering and gloves.